Followers

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Tilda with Wrapped Heart

Morning blogworld.

I have some exciting news. Last night I was in the middle of writing this blog and cooking tea when my step daughter, our eldest,  came round to tell us she was expecting a baby. Well that was it, computer off, oven off and out to the pub for a few celebratory drinks and food with the parents to be and our middle daughter. Gosh in a few months time I will be grandma. It's only a name but grandma does tend to make you feel older!!! It came a bit sooner than planned because they aren't getting married in 2014. Guess they will have a tiny flower girl or page boy. Russ is feeling very proud understandably.
This is third time lucky as I was once again going to publish this post when my daughter phones me from A & E. She fell over on the way to work this morning and has cracked a bone in her hand so she will have to were a splint for two weeks. Luckily she works at the hospital so she didn't have far to go to x ray. Bless her cotton socks. I AM NOW GOING TO PRESS PUBLISH.

Any way on to today's post. This is the first time I have inked this little beauty and what a pleasure it was. I ordered 3 Tilda stamps from Simon Says after winning one of their challenges and I am chuffed to bits with her.


The card blank is from Craftwork Cards and the papers are from a cd which is available from Polka Doodles called Picknix. Tilda has been coloured with Pro Markers and Flexi Markers with a Faber Castell Polychromo pencil for the shadow round the image. Diamond Sparkles has been added to her dress and heart bow. 


The flowers, metal corner embellishment and the pink hat pins are from WOC and the pearl hat pin is from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop as is the bow. These were from a blog hop win and the ribbon is gorgeous so will be definitely putting an order in for more. (I don't think I will ever be able to give up work)!!!


The poppy die and the butterfly are both by Memory box and are available from many on line stores.  The sentiment is from a collection by LOTV. I cannot remember where I got the punch butterfly, sorry.




I am entering this card into the following challenges. 

http://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Things with Wings
http://simplymagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/ - Pink, white/green
http://magnoliamaniachallenge.blogspot.nl/ - Favourite magnolia image
http://magnoliadownunderchallenges.blogspot.nl/ - Bingo -die cut, free, doily
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes/optional square card
http://lovely-haenglar-only.blogspot.co.uk/ - Flutter
http://uniquecrafterschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes

Thank you friends for your wonderful comments - they mean so much to me.

28 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Sharon this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work well together.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member}
{Lady Anne’s Paper Crafts DT Member}

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is my favourite Tilda - I love her, she's so sweet! Your card is gorgeous too, such lovely colours and all so pretty :o)

Aww huge congrats on the baby news, how lovely! Hugs, Lisa x

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card and image - and such a fabulous butterfly - so perfect for our Things with Wings!!

Thanks for joining in the fun at In The Pink.... hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine x
ITP
ps.... hope things have quietened down for you now.... but congrats on the grandma-to-be news!

Sue said...

Big congratulations to your daughter, how exciting!!

I love your card, the image is gorgeous and the colours and details are all so beautiful

Sue

Helen said...

Tilda is such a cutey to pop on a card with lots of embellishments.

What exciting family news, congratulations all round. Helen (Sydney)

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Biggest congratulations!
Beautiful card Sharon, love this stamp.
I NEVER win anything, ever..sob.
Hugs
Chris x

Sharon said...

Thank you Chris. I never used to win anything until I started blogging.
You will win if you keep entering.
Hugs Sharon. x

Penny said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous! I love the image, too, and you colored her beautifully! The card design is fabulous--love all your papers and embellies! :^)
Congrats on becoming a grandma--I have been one for 10 years now, and it seems like just yesterday that I found out I was to be a grandma. Time flies, doesn't it?
Hope your daughter is OK and her hand heals quickly!
Hugs,
Penny

DesignerDiva said...

This is so pretty Sharon the colours and colouring are gorgeous and your details are PERFECT!
Hugs Laurie xx

Claire said...

Congratulations Grandma! Some exciting times ahead. Gorgeous card, love the image and all the pretty detail. Hugs, Claire x

xxcalamityxx said...

Love both your card and your news !! Big congrats to u all xhugsx Nikki

Serena said...

Congrats Sharon!!!
This card is absolutely LOVELY and the colouring is perfect! Pretty embellished too!!! Thank you for joining us at LHOSM challenge and Good Luck for everything ;o)))

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your family on your fab news! Your card is simply gorgeous, I love it!
Helen x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, so delicate and pretty. Congratulations on your good news too. Thanks for joining us at NMW Challenges and good luck
Claire xx

Nicole said...

Wow Sharon, congrats on your great news. Your card is gorgeous. I love the great ribbon you used and of course al the other details are great. Nice colouring too. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC. Good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs, Nicole

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is stunning so love the colours you have chosen, huggles Pops x x x

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just gorgeous! Fabulous colour combo and layout and love that dainty layered butterfly.
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week for our BINGO challenge.
xXx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love the green and pink colour combo, fabulous colouring too
Thanks for joining us at MDUC for our bingo challenge.

Congratulations on your fabulous news too, I hope everything goes well :-)
Hugs
Kat xx

Sharon said...

This is a work of art. I love this card. Your colours suit our challenge at Simply Magnolia just perfectly. What a gorgeous butterfly that is. Love your work. hugs Sharon x

Sharon said...

Thank you Sharon for your lovely comments. I have been over to you blog and you have some beautiful cards and such a lot of interesting information. I have joined your blog so that I can return again. Have had a really enjoyable half hour in you blog.
Hugs Sharon x

ScrappyAndrea said...

This is so beautiful!
I love the butterfly!
Thanks for sharing with us at Magnolia Mania!
Hugs, Andrea

Shelby said...

Big congratulations! That's such exciting news.
Another beautiful creation. I really love how you've layered the butterflies and the flowers are so pretty.

Shelby

Crealin said...

Hi Sharon,

what a beautiful card, your coloring is great and that butterfly is so beautiful!

Thanks for joining in the fun at simply magnolia.

Hugs,

Lins

Marion said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for joining us at MMC!
Hugs Marion

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Beautiful card and image. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

Karen said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the pink and green color combo and that butterfly...WOW! Thanks for playing along with us at Songbird's String of Pearls challenge.

Safdar Ali said...

What a stunning card. So creative design. I have worked for the Plastic Card printing and designing company and this design inspire me so much. I really appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning Sharon. Congrats on your big news too. Hugz Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...